Understand The Platform
If you’re considering using TikTok as a small business marketing tool, start by creating a small business account and explore the platform. This isn’t the kind of place where you should make hard sells for your tech software. That kind of promotion isn’t going to get very far on TikTok. That’s why it’s best to first look around and see what other brands are doing. You’ll also want to make sure your audience is on TikTok before you go any further.
When you’re exploring the platform, here are a few things for you to try:
- Watch videos: Open up the app, and you’ll automatically see a feed with tons of different silly videos. Click around and watch a couple to get a feel for the platform.
- Create your own videos: You’re not aiming for professional videographer quality. Most of the videos posted on TikTok are created by the users themselves. Start recording with your phone, add in filters, use cool effects like face zoom, sprinkle in stickers, and so much more.
- Add in music: TikTok is integrated with Apple Music, so you can add songs to your videos, remix them, and add effects.
- Follow accounts you like: Look for other competitive businesses on TikTok and like their accounts so you can follow them and see what kind of content they post. Also, be sure to follow industry giants and check out their marketing campaigns.
- Buy virtual coins: TikTok enables users to buy virtual coins with real cash. You can then use these to give others virtual gifts.
Try Different Kinds of Content
Once you’ve researched your competitors and know your audience is on TikTok, it’s time to create content for your business. While you can certainly do a funny lip-sync video, there are many other options you should use to promote your business:
- Introduce yourself and your team with a fun theme song that captures the essence of your business.
- Give followers a cheeky tour of your workplace so they can see where the magic happens.
- TikTok is a great place to share inspirational stories. Do you have a success story about how you started your business?
- Instead of telling people about how great your product or service is, see if valued customers would like to share a few words about it on video.
- Does your business have a unique name? Create a video explaining why you chose that name and the story behind it.
- Lots of small businesses have pets running around. TikTok users love cute animal videos.
- Does your business donate time, money, or products in your community? Share that and why it’s important for your business.
- How’s your product made? Show users the step-by-step process. Time-lapse videos are highly popular on TikTok.
- Want to inspire others to start their own business? Provide tutorials on how to do that.
Use The Right Hashtags
If you want to get your content discovered, you need to do some hashtag research. What kind of hashtags are trending, what does you target audience click on, and which hashtags relate to your business? You can’t just use any hashtags because it’s popular – hashtags actually have to do with your video. Otherwise, users who click on it will be disappointed and not want to return to your account again.
Whenever you post a video on TikTok, be sure to add hashtags that are relevant and popular. Keep in mind that TikTok is mostly for amusement – not a hard sell. They’re searching for fun content that will entertain them. Use hashtags strategically to get your audience’s attention
GET TO THE TOP!
If you have questions or concerns about your online presence give Stratedia a call at 860.415.0430 or visit us online at stratedia.com. We‘re ranked #1 as the top seo company CT by Clutch.co! Let Stratedia help you, GET TO THE TOP!